Wilfrid Laurier University – The Odeon Lecture Theater – Brantford, ON
An old downtown theater is reborn as Laurier-Mohawk lecture halls. Originally built in 1957 the old theater sat vacant from1998 – 2004. When Students arrived at the new Odeon it was be reborn as a place of higher learning. That is in a large part thanks to Peter Vicano and Paul Vicano, of Vicano Construction Limited and Vicano Developments Limted, who’s company purchased the building and converted it into a 20,000 sq. ft. academic facility housing 4 lecture halls with a total capacity of 700 students.
The building was re-purposed by installing a second floor level and new elevator making the building fully accessible. Computer labs, classroom space, and professor’s offices occupy the 2nd floor level, while two large lecture halls and student common space occupy the ground floor.
Design and construction were by Vicano Construction Limited.